Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Last Link..The Bicycle Chain


 A quick post to let you know that the "Bicycle Journey" has ended temporarily... So, Bike #4 went down for some kind of repair (under warranty, thank goodness!).  Then, they had to call the mission home to ask to borrow another bike for Elder Blanky until his had the new part.  Well, you can see what happened to Bike #5.  And Elder Blanky is not very happy about it!  Next call to the mission home had everyone rolling their eyes and the president requested Ryan to pack up in 24 hrs and move across town where he would be paired up with missionaries that had a car!  No more peddling for awhile...

An excerpt from Elder Blanky's letter:

"So, bike number 4, the bike that I bought from the mission office that was the nice one and had the warranty on it...... broke. The back wheel was starting to bend so I had to take it in so they could order the part. in the meantime I asked president if I could borrow a bike at the office until mine got fixed, and he said sure thing! ummm so the next day on halloween I was riding along and SNAPO goes the chain! hahahaha. I was so frustrated. President Sweeney called our zone leaders and was like " I don't know what to do with him anymore,he has broken so many bikes!" haha.  So he made the decision to swap me with an elder who was in a car. So I had one day to say goodbye to who ever I could and pack up everything and head over to Osborn ward where there is a car! I am now with Elder Carter.  He is a way cool guy and he will finish up my training!  So I don't know if I will ever bike again, but we shall see... I love the new ward so far, but it was hard leaving gateway and all the people I have gotten close to.  Oh well! the Lord has everything planned out for a reason!"

 He recently had dinner at a Tongan family's house, the Pulu's.  They made "Lapulu", which was a spinach and corned beef dinner.  He said that it was delicious.  He enjoyed his couple of months there, but the Lord has something else planned for him, evidently.  


It could be that he is supposed to ride in cars that don't have ample head room!  And glad to know that he still is eating healthy...


So, Elder Blanky heads into a new area to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.   More interesting and uplifting experiences await.  More new friends and
NO MORE bicycle chains...  = )


1 comment:

  1. So is this like a 5th time's the charm thing??? Maybe he needs a bike equivalent of a humvee!

    ReplyDelete